Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Quicksilver (Mac OS X)

In my spare time, I enjoy finding cool utilities and apps for my PowerBook. One of the more recent finds is Quicksilver.

I've been using the Mac since 1987, and this little utility is the coolest thing since the multifinder. Not only is it a great launcher for other apps, but it's not just limited to other applications or documents; it allows you to perform actions (such as launch, find, chat, dial, etc.) on objects (such as files, contacts, email address, etc.).

The craziest thing is not how cool this utility is, but how difficult it is to communicate in a clear way what it does. I'm sure part of my challenge in explaining the benefits of using Quicksilver lies in the fact that I have only scratched the surface of what can be done with it. Not that I buy lottery tickets (that's another rant for another time), but it's a great feeling to know that you've won, and then to see more and more zeros being added to the left of that decimal place. Awesome!

No comments: